‘Where an image is not just a picture, but an experience’
A boudoir (/ˈbuːd.wɑːr/; French: [bu.dwaʁ]) is a private sitting room for women, this furnished room was usually found between the bedroom and the living room. A boudoir could also be a woman’s private bedroom. We are told that the term is a derivative from the French verb to sulk, so in essence it could be seen as a sanctuary where women could withdraw to or in which to sulk in. So boudoir photography in its true form should be of women sulking in bedrooms, this conjures up thoughts of pouting lips and sad faces. Our interpretation is slightly different, we see it as having sensual images taken of yourself for your partner. This opens up our style of boudoir photography to be a fusion of sensual photography be it nude photography or a sexy summer dress.
Why do a Boudoir Photography Shoot?
Here are some ideas for your intimate photography session
What better way to remind yourself how gorgeous you are by doing an intimate photography shoot where all the attention is focused on you? Here are some shoot ideas to assist you. We will also discuss the type of boudoir photographs that you would like to take in your pre-meeting and come up with a game plan. You can also find additional ideas on our social media pages like Facebook and Instagram.
- Surprise your groom on the day of your wedding with a boudoir gift of you looking devilishly sexy and sensual just before your nuptials.
- An anniversary gift for both you and your husband, a reminder that your marriage is also about having fun and being sexy.
- An original one of a kind valentines, birthday or Christmas boudoir present of beautiful sexy photos for your partner.
- Be the pin up girl for your partner with your own exclusive calendar filled with intimate photos of you.
- Prove that you are beautiful regardless of age and celebrate a significant 2oth, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th birthday with a set of classy sexy photos.
- A luxurious and unique boudoir Bachelorette party in Johannesburg for you and your closest girlfriends.
- Book a boudoir session as a girls night out in Johannesburg.
- Looking for what to do in Johannesburg over a weekend then
- Do you need a reason?
Your Boudoir Photography photoshoot
DREAMERS, EMPOWERERS, & LOVERS OF LOVE!
It’s important you find someone whose work you LOVE, but it’s just as important you find someone who will bring out the best of who you are in your photos. After all, your boudoir shoot is meant to be an amazing celebration of yourself.
You probably want a photographer who is fun and makes you feel relaxed.
At Boudoir Fusion we’re lovers of empowering women, dreamers, artists, and we’re also slightly addicted to coffee.
Given enough coffee, we can get lost in a shoot for hours.
We hope this page gives you an idea of our style, and who we are! We’re so thrilled you’re considering us for your boudoir photo shoot.
This day is precious and intimate, and we understand it has probably taken you some time to choose just the right photographer to capture your special moments.
What makes us unique?
Finding the right professional boudoir photographer can be difficult and sometimes intimidating. Start by finding a professional photographer that you feel comfortable with, who is able to not only create an image, but a happy experience that makes you go WOW.
We have created a studio dedicated to our art, a fairy-tale land with several dedicated, ever expanding sets. There’s a reception area, private changing areas, showers, outfits, and props from whips to wings. We have everything you need in one place.
Boudoir photography has become our passion, and so much more than just a job. Beyond just taking a picture, every woman has a story to tell and we want to capture that intimate story.
- Read through our section, ‘Your Experience’ here you will find out how to prepare for your shoot, you will know a little more about makeup and also our editing style.
- Relax, let us do the work, we will show you how to pose, suggest your outfits and show your body off in ‘the best light’
- Choose your lingerie and other sexy outfits before you shoot date.
- Lay it all out on the floor and match the items.
- The sexier the better.
- Plan your wardrobe in advance, probably when you book the shoot.
- Rather bring more items than less.